Author(s): JR (By (photographer))
World renowned artist, TED Prize winner, Oscar nominee, and one of Time's 100 most influential people of 2018, JR is a contemporary art superstar.
In 2018, JR brought his mobile photo studio to New York City. Over one thousand New Yorkers posed for the camera and told their stories, and JR compiled their portraits into an astounding photographic mural--a portrait of the city--for the Brooklyn Museum.
JR: The Chronicles of New York City features both the final mural and every individual photo, as well as a selection of compelling stories and a behind-the-scenes look at how this incredible work was made.
- The Chronicles series aims to capture the essence of iconic cities in words and images
- Includes a removable poster that showcases the entire mural
- Features a foreword by Darren Walker and an artist's statement
The groundbreaking artist first began his Chronicles series in a suburb of his native Paris and expanded upon the project in San Francisco and New York.
For JR's legions of fans and anyone who loves or lives in New York, this book reveals art and urban community from a new angle.
- A perfect gift for fans of JR, anyone who loves New York City, photographers both established and aspiring, as well as lovers of contemporary art, black-and-white photography, and site-specific art projects
- Beautiful on the coffee table or in a photo book collection
- Great for fans of Humans of New York: Stories by Brandon Stanton, New York by Serge Ramelli, and Banksy: You Are an Acceptable Level of Threat and If You Were Not You Would Know About It by Patrick Potter and Gary Shove