Author(s): Christopher Johnstone
Resilience is the ability to cope with and recover from difficult situations. It includes our capacity to make the best of things, deal with stress and rise to the occasion. We all have this ability, though not always as much as we'd like. This engaging, practical book draws together scientific understanding, real life examples and proven methods in describing how you can develop seven essential skills that help your resilience grow.
Author Chris Johnstone experienced burnout and depression when working as a junior doctor, crisis becoming a turning point when he had a near fatal car crash. His journey of recovery led him to make the study, practice and teaching of resilience his central life work.
This self-help guide includes:
- A toolkit of resources for emotional first aid
- Techniques for storyboarding your life and seeing the positive pathways you can take
- Practical strategies and insights for dealing with tough times
- Skills for thinking flexibly and creative problem-solving
- A science-based system that helps the gains you make 'stick'
If you're feeling challenged in your personal life, workplace or relationships, Seven Ways to Build Resilienc offers you proven pathways to protect your wellbeing. If you have hopes or ambitions with inevitable hurdles in the way, the resilience tools described here can help you survive the bumps and keep to your path.